Re: Classpath on linux-ppc

From: Sascha Brawer
Subject: Re: Classpath on linux-ppc
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:45:21 +0200

Arnaud Vandyck <address@hidden> wrote on Mon, 7 Oct
2002 09:57:02 +0200:

>I'd like to contribute to the Classpath project but I'd like to know
>if it is possible to use classpath on ppc? If yes, which compiler and
>which runtime?

You can also use an unfree Java implementation (such as Apple's JDK 1.3
on MacOS X) to develop packages for Classpath.  Of course only as long as
you only use public APIs, and never ever decompile or even look at the
sources.

>If someone can help, I'd be very interresting in contributing.

Thanks a lot! (I'm not a maintainer, but nobody else has said this so far...)

>-- arnaud :: http://vbstefi60.fapse.ulg.ac.be/~arnaud/

What package would you like to work on?

Looking at your web page, I could imagine you might be interested in the
javax.xml.* tree, or (because of your SVG links) javax.print with an SVG
StreamPrintService.  But of course, you'd be welcome to do anything!

-- Sascha
   brawer at acm.org, http://www.coli.uni-sb.de/~brawer/