RE: java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream patch

From: Wu, Gansha
Subject: RE: java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream patch
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:45:16 +0800

Hi Mark,
     You're right. GNU Classpath's java.util.zip doesn't need the padding
because it doesn't use zlib, but a patch there doesn't change the
correctness
of GNU Classpath's pure Java java.util.zip implementation. ORP has another
java.util.zip implementation which implements some critical methods by JNI
native methods, and as such improves the performance of some real-world
business applications significantly. This alternative implementation is
using
zlib and so needs the patch.
     BTW, ORP's zlib implementation is turned off in current ORP release,
and
can be turned on by USE_NATIVE_ZIP_LIB with some changes to
java.util.zip.ZipFile/Inflator/ZipEntry which are not in our submission.

Best regards...
Gansha