RE: java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream patch

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: RE: java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream patch
Date: 27 Oct 2002 16:15:50 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 04:45, Wu, Gansha wrote:
> ORP has another
> java.util.zip implementation which implements some critical methods by JNI
> native methods, and as such improves the performance of some real-world
> business applications significantly.

Note that I just committed the following patch for ZipFile that makes it
a bit faster both when using pure java (tested with Kissme) and when
using native zlib code (tested with gcj). In some cases with Kissme the
speedup was several seconds, but with gcj it was only a few hunderd
miliseconds at most. So please try the new code with Orp to see if it
helps.

2002-10-27  Mark Wielaard  <address@hidden>

  * java/util/zip/ZipFile.java (readLeShort): Take and use DataInput as
  argument.
  (readLeShort): Likewise and use byte[].
  (readLeInt): Likewise.
  (readEntries): Use new versions of methods and use byte[] for reading
  a complete zip entry. Add ZipFile name to exceptions.
  (entries): Add ZipFile name to exceptions.
  (getEntry): Likewise.
  (checkLocalHeader): Use new versions of methods and add ZipFile name
  to exceptions.