Re: mauve results posted nightly

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: mauve results posted nightly
Date: 14 Nov 2002 15:29:48 -0700

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> writes:

Mark> It is also very fast compared with Kissme.
Mark> Kissme took 1 minute and 50 seconds for only the java.util package and
Mark> subpackages. gij took just 25 seconds for ALL java.* and subpackages!

I suspect that the program spends a lot of time in the class library.
That gives gij an advantage since the library is compiled.

I haven't looked at Kissme's implementation.  I'd be surprised if it
was much slower than gij.  gij is a fairly straightforward
direct-threaded interpreter.

Tom