New IO Native Provider Interface

From: Aaron M. Renn
Subject: New IO Native Provider Interface
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 16:43:53 -0600

I modified the java.io package to do native I/O (except for the File class)
along the lines of what I posted last week.  Please take a look and let
me know ASAP if anything is broken.  I'm especially keen to hear from the
gcj people on how close this comes to allowing us to merge these classes.
This also corrects the problems recently discussed of finalization in
classes like FileInputStream since right now only FileDescriptor deals
with native file descriptors and native methods.

--
Aaron M. Renn (address@hidden) http://www.urbanophile.com/arenn/