Re: Running Eclipse on Jikes RVM and Classpath

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: Running Eclipse on Jikes RVM and Classpath
Date: 29 Apr 2003 23:53:22 -0400

Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Hind <address@hidden> writes:
> > As Julian's recent post mentioned, we just put a release of Jikes RVM out
> > that relies totally on Classpath and runs a significant subset of Eclipse.
> >   A few months back, someone mentioned that getting Eclipse started on an
> > open source JVM with Classpath would be a good benchmark and suggested
> > that getting it to run in under a minute would be a nice goal.
> >
> > Using a FastAdaptiveSemiSpace image with a 200 Mb heap, we got to the sign
> > on screen in approximately 12 secs on a Linux/IA32 box.
> Good progress!  I look forward to trying out the new release.

I'm finally getting into trying Jikes RVM so I can run tests against
it and maybe develop against it.  Anyway I'm wondering from the
directions at
how to get the 'jbuild' to let me use my own CVS checkout and build.
I tend to build in classpath/build where classpath is the cvs root

Doing the following doesn't seem to be enough.  I'll have to read some
more... do I also have to rebuild every time I change code in
Classpath?  Why can I not just point it at the installation directory?

export CLASSPATH_ROOT=/home/cbj/cvs/classpath/build
Brian Jones <address@hidden>