Re: GNU Classpath Linuxtag meeting minutes

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: GNU Classpath Linuxtag meeting minutes
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:59:06 +0200

Tom Tromey wrote:
"Sascha" == Sascha Brawer <address@hidden> writes:

Sascha> But implementing RMI-IIOP seems like a big task, unless parts
Sascha> of some free Java ORB can be used.

I haven't looked at RMI-IIOP, but I do know that there are at least
two free Java ORBs out there.  One is OpenORB.  I forgot the name of
the other.

Occasionally I've tinkered with putting OpenORB into rhug, but the
build system is complex and it is a fair amount of work.  For just
building the .jar files, though, I think we should be there already.

The other ORB, whatever it is, once built with gcj.

the other ORB I know is Jacorb. See http://www.jacorb.org/ for more information. One day I'll try to integreate one of them into kaffe.

cheers,
dalibor topic