RE: Preparing for 0.06 release

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: Preparing for 0.06 release
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 08:53:58 +0200

Mark Wielaard wrote:
>   - Is there any progress on the Thread/VMThread split?
>     Would be nice to get that in, but it will require work to make it
>     work with the different VMs so it better go in quickly
>     (today/tomorrow).

I think it would be good if another VM implemented it, to see if the
proposed split works there as well (IKVM is already running with it).
Besides that, VMThread needs to be documented and a NEWS entry needs to
be written. I've attached the code I've got at the moment.

A side question (that's important for deciding whether to include it in
the 0.06 release), do any VMs use the unmodified reference Thread class?

Regards,
Jeroen