Re: Class loader and serialization

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Class loader and serialization
Date: 14 Aug 2003 16:39:32 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 16:04, Guilhem Lavaux wrote:
> Thanks to Mark I have found a compatible way to do what I want with the
> SecurityManager.
> I am going to see if it works in real world now.

For an example of what I suggested see the way java.util.ResourceBundle
creates a SecurityManager to access the calling ClassLoader.

Note that the above example actually uses getClassContext() which is
inefficient. If we look again at the SecurityManger/VMSecurityManager
split it might be a good idea to give VMs the possibility of providing
efficient implementations of currentClassLoader(), currentLoadedClass(),
etc.

P.S. I am sometimes reachable on IRC on the irc.oftc.net server as 'mjw'
and/or on the #gcj channel or on the irc.gnu.org server on the #kaffe
channel. (Should we create a #classpath channel?)