make distcheck and libtool 1.5a now work

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: make distcheck and libtool 1.5a now work
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 20:19:29 +0200

Hi,

I got make distcheck and libtool 1.5 (and keeping 1.4.3) to work.
make distcheck helps us to see whether a make dist really creates a good
release tarball. It points out missing files or make rules which don't
cleanup after themselves. In the future we might be able to add
automatic Mauve checking to it, but that is a lot more tricky.
It does mean that make clean now really removes all generated files
(also the .class and glibj.zip file). But since we these files have not
been necessary for a long time to bootstrap anyway this shouldn't be a
problem.

I had to update the libtoolize files (config.guess, config.sub and
ltmain.sh) to get libtool 1.5 (and 1.4.3) to work correctly and had to
update a few configure.in definitions.

If this breaks something for you please let me know.
(You will have to do the automagic dance described in the HACKING file
after a CVS update.)