RE: GNU Classpath 0.06 created

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: RE: GNU Classpath 0.06 created
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:02:45 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 08:07, Qiong Cai wrote:
> Does ORP 1.10 work with this new release?  After browsing through the
> mailing list archives, I cannot find why ORP is broken with the
> classpath.

I don't think Orp will work out of the box with the 0.06 snapshot.
But the changes since the last version aren't that big. All changes
relevant to VM implementers are listed in the NEWS file. Most will just
require updating some vm/reference classes. If you contact the Orp
developers about this please let us know if/when it works.

>  I really like to do some experiments on some server
> benchmarks like tomcat/jboss and jbb by using ORP+classpath, and I
> believe the latest classpath support these benchmarks arleady.

I would be very interested in how this works out.
Note that there are some patches by the JikesRVM hackers for
javax.naming that are labeled as JBoss improvements but that didn't make
it for 0.06.