Re: awt - gtkpeers - threading

From: David P Grove
Subject: Re: awt - gtkpeers - threading
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:35:26 -0500

Jikes RVM uses a level of m-to-n threading and thus relies on the portable locking implementation that Tom mentioned.

In classpath 0.06 this was not the default and the function vector hadn't been updated to GTK 2.0 (so it didn't work at all).  I just tried with the cvs head of classpath, and it appears that the function vector has been updated (although my simple awt test program didn't work, but that might be a Jikes RVM problem, not a classpath defect).  I didn't look to see if the portable locking had become the default (we explicitly choose it by passing an arg to configure when building classpath for Jikes RVM).

--dave