Savannah update

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Savannah update
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:11:06 +0100

Hi all,

Attached is an update from Bradley Kuhn (the FSF Executive Director)
about Savannah.

Short summary:
- Only anonymous CVS access is available now.
- Only access through SSH Protocol 2 (check your ~/.ssh/config to see if
  you had previously set it to Protocol 1 as was required in the past)
- GNU Privacy Guard (GPG) keys will be required in the future for
  savannah (see http://www.gnupg.org/ and please generate one if you
  don't have one yet, but do want classpath developer access.)
- No set date for restoration of any other savannah service at this
  point.

To access the latest CVS tree as it was just before savannah was shut
down use:
cvs -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvs-latest/classpath co classpath

I think we can be reasonably sure that no unknown code was inserted
during the breach since multiple projects regularly import and check
code from us manually. But if you can help check that changes since 16
September 2003 have not seen any irregularities then please contact me.

I'll keep you updated when I have more info.