RE: Query on stacktrace management logic

From: David Holmes
Subject: RE: Query on stacktrace management logic
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:37:20 +1000

> Robert Lougher wrote:
> Don't forget about the Thread/VMThread split introduced in Classpath 0.07!
>
> Moving from 0.04 through to 0.07 I've had the same dilemma --
> change the VM to go along with the changes or modify the classes.

And the Runtime/VMRuntime split.

We have to use our own Thread for a number of reasons so I won't be
utilising that split - but I'm also not concerned about future changes in
the Thread class, so merging isn't an issue.

The Runtime split probably mirrors a split we already had, so now I guess
I'll just have to rename my local class (JavaVirtualMachine) to become
VMRuntime otherwise there are too many levels of redirection. Though again
I'm not concerned with merging in this case.

The other problem with customising classes rather than using the Classpath
version is remebering to delete them from the Classpath source tree so that
things compile properly. :)

Cheers,
David Holmes