Re: Query on stacktrace management logic

From: Chris Gray
Subject: Re: Query on stacktrace management logic
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 16:02:14 +0100

On Thursday 04 March 2004 09:01, Jeroen Frijters wrote:
> David Holmes wrote:
> > class Class is the first class that must be initialized [...]
>
> Given the wide variety of VMs that use Classpath, I'd be careful with
> statements like these. For almost every such assumption there will be a
> VM for which it isn't true.

Amen.  Wonka [doesn't use Classbath [yet], but] currently loads five other
classes before java.lang.Class; java.lang.Object, java.lang.Cloneable,
java.lang.Serializable, java.lang.Throwable, and the mysterious "array" class.

--
Chris Gray                                  /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi              http://www.kiffer.be/k/