Re: Imported gnu.regexp and java.util.regex wrappers

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Imported gnu.regexp and java.util.regex wrappers
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:51:13 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 14:38, C. Brian Jones wrote:
> Maybe I should have mentioned it earlier (list is slow)
It is slow... :{
It makes coordinating the classpath release almost impossible...
Almost done though. Release candidate today (Thursday for those
receiving this email somewhere next week...), final tommorrow (Friday).

> but Dalibor
> Topic submitted wrappers for gnu.regexp to the list a year or so ago you
> could have used since Kaffe has been doing this for a while.  Maybe they
> have fixed the 'bugs' already.

I actually used those and wrote Mauve tests to test against kaffe while
waiting for the paperwork to clear. I actually submitted patches to fix
some of the bugs I found, which are now also in GNU Classpath. The GNU
Classpath versions are now better then what was in Kaffe previously
since ours have API documentation. Also our SyntaxPatternException is
nicer since it has a toString() method that visually shows where in the
regex a failure occurred. So Kaffe should now resync with us again :)