Re: 0.08 NEWS

From: Patrik Reali
Subject: Re: 0.08 NEWS
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:30:43 +0100

--On Montag, 8. März 2004 08:52 +0100 Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> wrote:
By the way, how come everyone else isn't complaining about #6938?
Why am I the only one who notices it? Does everybody else have a
bootstrap class path that contains the java class path as a subset?

As far as I have seen most VMs have their own System/Application
classloader. The SableVM developers were also rewriting it (to make sure
ProtectionDomains were set correctly). So I guess everybody works around
it instead of collaborating on the version in CVS. Probably only the Orp
developers used this class as is for their VM.

For Jaos, I can confirm Mark assertion. The classloader is one of the few classes that must be available at bootstrap.

In fact, I assume that only a JVM written in Java is able to use this class for the bootstrap of the VM. (Correct me if wrong)

-Patrik