[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: 0.08 NEWS
Re: 0.08 NEWS
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:30:43 +0100
--On Montag, 8. März 2004 08:52 +0100 Mark Wielaard <address@hidden> wrote:
By the way, how come everyone else isn't complaining about #6938?
Why am I the only one who notices it? Does everybody else have a
bootstrap class path that contains the java class path as a subset?
As far as I have seen most VMs have their own System/Application
classloader. The SableVM developers were also rewriting it (to make sure
ProtectionDomains were set correctly). So I guess everybody works around
it instead of collaborating on the version in CVS. Probably only the Orp
developers used this class as is for their VM.
For Jaos, I can confirm Mark assertion. The classloader is one of the few
classes that must be available at bootstrap.
In fact, I assume that only a JVM written in Java is able to use this class
for the bootstrap of the VM. (Correct me if wrong)
Re: 0.08 NEWS, Dalibor Topic, 2004/03/10
RE: 0.08 NEWS, Jeroen Frijters, 2004/03/10
- Re: 0.08 NEWS, (continued)
- Re: 0.08 NEWS, Archie Cobbs, 2004/03/08
- Re: 0.08 NEWS, Mark Wielaard, 2004/03/10
- Is this approach Valid, Andrew Haley, 2004/03/13
- Re: Is this approach Valid, Chris Burdess, 2004/03/13
- Re: Is this approach Valid, Adam Young, 2004/03/13
- Re: Is this approach Valid, Casey Marshall, 2004/03/13
- Re: 0.08 NEWS,
Patrik Reali <=
- Re: 0.08 NEWS, Mark Wielaard, 2004/03/14