access modifier for FileDescriptor.setNativeFd(long)

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: access modifier for FileDescriptor.setNativeFd(long)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:04:38 -0500

Hi!

I'm currently porting parts of GNU classpath to OVM (http://www.ovmj.org).  In
the process I hit a problem with the access modifier of
FileDescriptor.setNativeFd(long).  In order to avoid having to set that field
using reflection, I would need that method to be default (currently private).

I believe that change is generally the right thing to do. First, a private
accessor method makes little sense anyway.  Also, in a similar context the
native_fd field in gnu.java.net.PlainSocketImpl is also package-scoped
(default) (there is a tiny difference in that PlainSocketImpl does not use
accessor methods, but I don't think it matters either way).

The (trivial) patch to make this happen is attached.

-Christian