Re: java.io.File and its native methods

From: Michael Koch
Subject: Re: java.io.File and its native methods
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 11:44:02 +0200

Am Samstag, 24. April 2004 09:51 schrieb Jeroen Frijters:
> Michael Koch wrote:
> > I started to do some GNU classpath/VM separation work. I decided to
> > split the native methods of java.io.File into its own VM class
> > called java.io.VMFile. The refactoring worked really smooth and so
> > I provide here the patch for discussion. I have one minor nitpick
> > myself VMFile is located in java/io/ currently. Before commiting I
> > will move it to vm/reference/java/io/.
> >
> > Please review and comment.
>
> Thanks! Looks good. I would like to see three additional changes: 1)
> Move the caseSenstive flag to VMFile, 2) Move listRoots to VMFile, 3)
> Move isHidden to VMFile. The current implementations can be moved to
> VMFile as is.

Here is an updated patch. It uses PlatformFile insteam of VMFile and
moved add the things you request to it too.

Michael

2004-04-24  Michael Koch  <address@hidden>

        * java/io/File.java: Moved all native methods to the new class
        PlatformFile and removed the "Internal" suffix.
        * java/io/PlatformFile.java: New file.
        * java/io/Makefile.am (EXTRA_DIST): Added PlatformFile.java.
        * native/jni/java-io/java_io_File.c: Moved all methods to
        java_io_PlatformFile.c and renamed them accordingly.
        * native/jni/java-io/java_io_PlatformFile.c: New file.
        * include/java_io_File.h: Removed.
        * include/java_io_PlatformFile.h: New file.