Re: java.text.DecimalFormat.parse() patch

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: java.text.DecimalFormat.parse() patch
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 15:49:22 +0200

Hi Guilhem,

On Sat, 2004-05-01 at 13:44, Guilhem Lavaux wrote:
> Here is a patch which fixes 3 old failures on mauve and maybe 2 or 3 new
> because of the updated mauve test.
>
> This fixes handling of exponentiation notation, grouping handling and
> better handling of Long and Double types.
>
> 2004-05-01  Guilhem Lavaux <address@hidden>
>
>       * java/text/DecimalFormat.java
>       (MAXIMUM_INTEGER_DIGITS): New constant to keep the numeric value
>         309.
>       (applyPatternWithSymbols): Use MAXIMUM_INTEGER_DIGITS.
>       (parse): Fixed handling of exponentiation notation and grouping.

Very nice. All three regressions that I saw with your previous patch
have been fixed. No new regressions. All things that your previous patch
fixed are still fixed. And some new mauve test cases that succeed!

Please check this in ASAP so it can go into the release.

Thanks a lot,

Mark

P.S. Best to post patches that you intend to commit to
address@hidden and not the main discussion list.