[gui] [merge] java-gui-merge for may 26

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [gui] [merge] java-gui-merge for may 26
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 02:36:52 -0400

hi,

I've just completed the "monthly merge" from the java-gui-branch to the gcc libjava trunk. the following patch contains the changes:

  http://people.redhat.com/graydon/java-gui-merge-may-26-2004.patch

it's a couple weeks late and a little rough (not to mention big) this time around. it *does* require that you upgrade your version of cairo to the latest CVS head, if you happen to be using the cairo backend. however, many fixes and additions are present:

 - AWT lists use GTK treeviews
 - proper AWT focus management has been implemented
 - swing menus and scrollpanes are beginning to work
 - swing splitpanes, dialogs and internal frames were added
 - swing repainting / double buffering was redone
 - a lot of AWT imaging and event bugs have been picked out

if you have any difficulties integrating or merging this work, please let me know.

-graydon