[Fw] GridBagLayout in kaffe CVS HEAD

From: Arnaud Vandyck
Subject: [Fw] GridBagLayout in kaffe CVS HEAD
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:00:03 +0200

Maybe address@hidden or address@hidden will help you better than
me. I Cc them.

Thanks for your time,

Cheers,

--- Begin Message --- Subject: GridBagLayout in kaffe CVS HEAD Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 08:38:26 -0400
Hello!  I am a developer of the MegaMek project
(http://megamek.sourceforge.net) and I'm trying to get MegaMek to run
under a free VM.  So far, Kaffe is the most successful at running
MegaMek, but it has problems with laying out the windows.  I was
wondering if you could help me debug the problem or point me to someone
who can.

I've created a simple test case and I've attached it to this email.  I
compile the code using both the jikes v1.18 that is in Debian Sarge
(with -bootclasspath is /usr/local/kaffe/jre/lib/rt.jar) and with kjc.
When I run under Blackdown JRE v1.3.1, I can see the text in all of the
buttons (and they're about 8 cm wide); when I run under Kaffe, the
buttons are too narrow (about 1 cm wide).  As this email's title says,
I'm currently following Kaffe's HEAD branch, so I've gotten the
latest-and-greatest version of your Classpath.

I'm willing to take whatever steps are necessary to resolve this issue,
but I'm not really sure where to start.  Should I even try to work this
through with Kaffe?  Should I try using the gcj AWT/Swing CVS branch
instead?  Any insights that you may provide would be greatly
appreciated.

--
James Damour (Suvarov454) <address@hidden>

--- End Message ---
--
Arnaud Vandyck

If you are going to run a rinky-dink distro made by a couple of
volunteers, why not run a rinky-dink distro made by a lot of volunteers?
                -- Jaldhar H. Vyas on debian-devel