Emacs supporting GNU style for Classpath hacking

From: Roman Kennke
Subject: Emacs supporting GNU style for Classpath hacking
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 10:45:50 +0200

Hi list,

Together with Michael I have put together an emacs configuration hook,
which enables GNU style auto-completion in Emacs with JDEE.

In order to make this work, you have to have JDEE installed:

XEmacs includes JDEE by default.

include the following snipped directly in ~/.emacs or ~/.xemacs/init.el
or load it from an external file with something like this inside
~/.emacs or ~/.xemacs/init.el:

(load "~/.xemacs/javagnustyle.el")

With this configuration, emacs automatically expands abbreviations. If
you type 'ife ' this will be expanded to:
if ()

Please see
for details on more abbreviations

If this works out right, maybe we should include this in the GNU
Classpath hackers guide.

Cheers, Roman

;;; =============================================
;;; GNU style auto-completion for JDEE and Emacs
;;; =============================================
(defconst my-style
  ; newline BEFORE braces
  '((c-hanging-braces-alist '((block-open before after)
  ;; TAB inserts 2 spaces
    (c-basic-offset . 2)
(defun my-jde-mode-hook ()
; auto-newline mode on
  (setq c-auto-newline t)
; indent spaces instead of tabs
  (setq-default indent-tabs-mode nil)
; GNU style braces placement in templates
  (setq-default jde-gen-k&r nil)
; supress generate comments
  (setq-default jde-gen-comments nil)
; enable abbreviation mode
  (c-add-style "user" my-style t)
  (c-set-style "user")
(add-hook 'jde-mode-hook 'my-jde-mode-hook)