Re: Target native layer

From: Michael Koch
Subject: Re: Target native layer
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:22:07 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 12. August 2004 14:10 schrieb Dr. Torsten Rupp:

> I first wanted to avoid to offer here things in advance (otherwise
> I fear somebody will become upset if I can not do it in time,
> because of limitated manpower). Currently on the list is: Solaris,
> RTEMS, embOS and MinGW (Windows). Please do not ask me exactly
> _when_ I will supply this, but I promise I will do my best to add
> these as soon as possible.

That sounds great. Can you just post the code without added to CVS ?
This way we can at least look at it. We should discuss all before
commiting to CVS anyway.

> By the way: I think "Linux" is not mis-named, because it is
> "Linux". It is only a "coincidence" that is 100% identical to the
> generic case. The background is: we are developing basically with
> Linux.

Its a difference if code is target for Linux only or if its developed
on Linux only. You use only Linux for it. Roman use it on FreeBSD.
I use this code on NetBSD too. I have access to Solaris machines and
they want to use this code too. So in fact is not Linux anymore, its
Posix.

Michael