Re: End of the month - where is the new snapshot?

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: End of the month - where is the new snapshot?
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:02:52 -0700

Archie> Mark Wielaard wrote:
>> - GNU JAXP sync?
>>
>> About that last point. What do people think about dropping GNU JAXP
>> as external library and let runtime, compiler, tool integrators
>> depend on the GNU JAXP upstream release? Kaffe already does that
>> and I think GNU JAXP is independent enough to point people at it as
>> external extension library.

Archie> I agree.. Classpath should avoid trying to duplicate work that
Archie> can easily be obtained (freely, of course :-) elsewhere..

Can't we instead just import javax.xml, org.w3c.dom, and org.xml.sax
into classpath, and let JAXP work on the concrete implementations of
that abstract API?

We just did a similar thing with GNU Crypto and Jessie.

--
Casey Marshall || address@hidden