Japi results updated - full 1.0 and 1.1 *extremely* close

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Japi results updated - full 1.0 and 1.1 *extremely* close
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:52:07 -0400

Two japi developments on the same day :)

Firstly it looks like Tom's gcj issues are solved so we have an up-to-date classpath japi file[1].

Secondly, I just implemented the filtering out of errors caused by incompatibility between, say, JDK1.1 and JDK1.4. It turns out that when I do this, Classpath has exactly 3 errors against 1.0 (three missing fields on java.awt.Font) and 5 errors against 1.1 (the same three, plus one missing method and the non-deprecatedness of getenv which I believe matches 1.5 instead)

Libgcj people, you have one additional error: java.lang.Class has the wrong SerialVersionUID.

Kaffe developers, you seem to be at the same level of coverage except for three problems in java.util.zip, and the fact that your compiler doesn't seem to be accurately preserving deprecatedness, so a whole bunch of deprecation problems show up. Might be worth fixing that too ;)

I have a few more things I want to do before making a release of this, but I thought people might want to know about this so they can immediately set to fixing those 4 remaining errors to claim complete 1.1 and 1.0 coverage :)

For the full results see the website, http://www.kaffe.org/~stuart/japi/

Thanks to Michael Koch for the key insight that made this possible.

Stuart.

[1] The classpath japi file doesn't appear to include JAXP or JacORB, so the results in these areas don't quite reflect reality.
--
Stuart Ballard, Senior Web Developer
NetReach, Inc.