Re: Patch for gnu_java_net_PlainDatagramSocketImpl.c

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Patch for gnu_java_net_PlainDatagramSocketImpl.c
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 20:28:29 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 10:30, Dr. Torsten Rupp wrote:
> gnu_java_net_PlainDatagramSocketImpl.c seems to contain a small error.
> Please find a patch below. I also changed "this" into "thiz" for
> C++-compatibility in gnu_java_net_PlainDatagramSocketImpl.c and
> gnu_java_net_PlainSocketImpl.c .

Please provide a ChangeLog entry next time.
It was hard to find the actual patch.
I saw the correction of checking that fid was not NULL after getting the
maxlen field id. And you added code for a WITHOUT_NETWORK code path in a
couple of places. Were that the only real code changes in the patch?

A suggested ChangeLog would be:

2004-10-31  Torsten Rupp   <address@hidden>

        * native/jni/java-net/gnu_java_net_PlainDatagramSocketImpl.c:
        Rename all 'this' arguments to functions to 'thiz'.
        Add dummy return values for WITHOUT_NETWORK code path.
        (Java_gnu_java_net_PlainDatagramSocketImpl_receive0):
        Check fid not NULL for maxlen field id.

See also http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/docs/hacking.html#SEC9

We never actually define WITHOUT_NETWORK.
How do you configure and compile normally?
We should probably add a --disable-network configuration flag that
defines this.

BTW. Patches are normally discussed on address@hidden