RE: RFC: gnu.classpath.SystemProperties

From: Jeroen Frijters
Subject: RE: RFC: gnu.classpath.SystemProperties
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:19:06 +0100

Michael Koch wrote:
> Good idea but wouldnt it be better to move all stuff from
> SystemProperties to VMSystemProperties to make the system properties
> fully customizable ? Perhaps some VM implements want to customize the
> properties more, e.g. add additional properties.

I considered that, but I think it would be nicer if the common
properties stayed in the common code, but I can certainly see some value
in making the division a little more flexible. Maybe we should have an
additional call to VMSystemProperties at the end of the initializer, to
allow the VM to remove or modify the properties?

Regards,
Jeroen