Re: Getting kaffe to work with classpath...

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: Getting kaffe to work with classpath...
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:38:27 +0000 (UTC)

Joao Victor <jvital <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:36:02 +0100, Michael Koch <konqueror <at> gmx.de>
> wrote:
> > What version of kaffe are you using ? You should be using at least
> > 1.1.4. A cvs snapshot would be even better as the development is very
> > fast lately. Debian testing/sarge contain recent CVS snapshots. I
> > dont know about other distros.
>
> Boy, would i love to work with Debian. But where i work we use Fedora :(
>
> Anyways, i'm using 1.1.4... which i downloaded the sources and
> compiled myself. I keep wondering if i compiled something wrong, maybe
> forgot to enable something...?

1.1.4 was released before Classpath's Swing was merged in :) You'll have to use
Kaffe's CVS head to use the latest (well, unless Michael checked in something
new that needs merging) swing code from GNU Classpath on Kaffe. If you need help
getting started with the CVS head build, cvs and all that, please join the IRC
channel #kaffe on irc.freenode.org for some hands on help.

Sorry for the inconvenience ...

> By the way, i tried checking out the Kaffe sources, but i'm getting
> connection refused errors... (using the 'readonly' pass).

It should work now, /var ran full on Kaffe.org and that had some spectacular
side effects, like me missing two days worth of mail. That should be fixed soon.

> And by the way (again), i tried signing up to Kaffe mail-list, but
> didn't receive and confirmation... ok, this is already getting way
> offtopic. Back on topic then!

See above :(

cheers,
dalibor topic