Re: Mauve test question

From: Archie Cobbs
Subject: Re: Mauve test question
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:04:57 -0600

Archie Cobbs wrote:
OK, here's a first stab at a new "mauve-classpath". This one is
surely out of date on several counts, but happens to be the one
I've been using for a long time.

The other thing we need to come up with is a Classpath "xfails" file,
containing those tests Classpath is known to fail. This can also serve
as a "to-do" list for Classpath hackers.

Once we agree on a "mauve-classpath" file, then we can compare our test failures, and the failures common to all VM's is a good candidate for the Classpath "xfails".

Once we have a Classpath "xfails", it will be much easier for VM implementors to spot failures specific to their VM (which is the whole point).

Once the various VM implementers start using Classpath's "mauve-classpath" and "xfails" regularly, these files should quickly converge to their correct contents, because it will be easier to deal with the reduced amount of more reliable information.

-Archie