Which standard do you follow?

From: C. Brian Jones
Subject: Which standard do you follow?
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:11:22 -0500

So I'm poking around http://java.debian.net/ wiki and I have to say I
still don't understand what it is the upstream source provider should do
with reference to scripts and libraries and jars that would be
acceptable for everyone.  It still seems like I have to pick a scheme,
with reference just to finding a VM, that will only work on one
distribution or packaging scheme for java libraries and applications.
Anyone else thinking about this?  With Debian our JNI libraries should
be somewhere else, the .jar file (or .zip file I guess) should be
versioned correctly and if we ever do install scripts for common tools
or something then those have special requirements.  I probably should
ask the cojapas list but I thought I'd start here.

Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>