Re: GTK peer switching JNIEnv *?

From: Chris Gray
Subject: Re: GTK peer switching JNIEnv *?
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:40:51 +0100

On Friday 14 January 2005 15:59, Robert Lougher wrote:

> I'll make it my internal thread structure, adding the function table
> pntr to the beginning -- this is obviously what the spec expects it to
> be.

Yup, and it's what Wonka has always done.

>  I didn't do this before because it makes the thread structure
> bigger, even for threads that never call into JNI.  Of course, I won't
> be able to assume it's the right one, and still look it up via
> pthreads.  A future optimisation.

We just cast the JNIEnv* pointer to a pointer to a thread structure, without
performing any checks. If people pass bogus pointers to JNI, crashing is
correct behaviour ...

--
Chris Gray                      /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi        http://www.kiffer.be/k/

Visit us at Embedded World 2005 <http://www.embedded-world.de/>
22--24 Feb. 2005 at the Nürnberg Messe (Germany), booth 10-504