Re: gjdoc-0.7.1-pre1

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: Re: gjdoc-0.7.1-pre1
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:00:32 +0100

Joao Victor wrote:
So, managed to get past that error. $JAVA was set to 'java', but as
soon as i put kaffe on my PATH i didn't get the error anymore, as it's
using kaffe now (no idea why it doesn't work with 'java'). But, i got
the impression the configure script is not testing for gij? Why's
that?

If would be interesting why it didn't work with 'java'. Is that the Sun VM?

Regarding gij, that's a known issue. The AM_PROG_JAVA automake macro doesn't check for it, I'm going to patch that soon.

Anyways, my kaffe is not from CVS, so i actually couldn't build gjdoc
because it uses java.text.BreakIterator.setText(), which is not
avaliable in this version i'm running. I'll get it from CVS later.

Yes, see README for known-good platforms.

Julian