Re: (open) Solaris and Classpath.

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: (open) Solaris and Classpath.
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 12:13:18 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 10:46 +0200, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Thomas Zander wrote:
> > I'm not sure, but this may be usefull to know if I read this correctly;
> > the solaris software-license-agreement seems to me to forbid any work on
> > classpath and other implementations of java.*
> > http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/licensing/sla.xml
> > point 6

I think you read far too much into that. But I agree that referring to
an implementation of their product as "Java" might be interpreted as
overreaching. If you truely have entered into this agreement and you
believe this agreement with Sun affects you when you do work for GNU
Classpath then please contact me and/or licensing at fsf.org directly so
we can give you direct specific advise.
Lets keep the classpath list mainly for technical matters.

> There seems to be a lot of creative writing going on in the legal
> department where that stuff comes from. ;)
>
> As usual, avoid bad software.

Avoiding proprietary software is always a good idea!