Re: API clean up patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: API clean up patch
Date: 18 May 2005 12:36:08 -0600

Archie> David Holmes wrote:
>>> Who wants a VM that's incapable of generating stack traces??
>> Probably noone, but I'd love to be able to NOT have the stacktrace
>> always
>> filled in automatically upon construction.

Archie> You pretty much have to save something at construction time,
Archie> because the stack sequence is going to change and be lost
Archie> immediately afterward.

ISTR that ORP had an optimization where it would avoid filling in the
stack trace if it knew that the exception object was dead.  I think a
patch for this would not be reasonable, as long as it played well with
other VMs and had a big explanatory comment.

Tom