Re: How to handle properties file

From: Archie Cobbs
Subject: Re: How to handle properties file
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 14:50:10 -0500

Michael Koch wrote:
I didn't know that function. Powerfull! So then, shouldn't the function
readConfiguration from LogManager make a call like

LogManager.class.getResourceAsStream("java/util/logging/logging.properties");

to have an InputStream instead of looking for system properties?

Use java.util.Properties.load(InputStream) with it.

I think people are missing Nicolas' point here. The class LogManager
is broken, because it is looking in the wrong place for the properties
file.

Does anyone know what the correct behavior is supposed to be?

-Archie