Brief implementation question about the exception code.

From: Meskauskas Audrius
Subject: Brief implementation question about the exception code.
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 09:13:37 +0200

Hi, all

When the CORBA server POA is temporary deactivated (discarding mode), the client receives remote exception org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT. One of the fields in this exception is the integer "minor error code". My OMG document (March 2004) clearly states that the value of that field must be 1. From my previous experience, the Suns implementation always throws this exception with this field set to value 1398080489 (0x535503e9) that can be decoded as "An exception code, specific to Sun's implementation, number 1001".

Any ideas about which error code should we return?

Cheers
Audrius