[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
GNU Classpatchy 0.17 released
GNU Classpatchy 0.17 released
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:44:10 +0200
We are pleased to announce a new developer snapshot of GNU Classpath.
GNU Classpath, essential libraries for java, is a project to create free
core class libraries for use with runtimes, compilers and tools for the
java programming language.
The GNU Classpath developer snapshot releases are not directly aimed
at the end user but are meant to be integrated into larger development
platforms. For example the GCC (gcj) and Kaffe projects will use the
developer snapshots as a base for future versions.
This is mainly a bug fix release for issues found with eclipse 3.1 and
Free Swing applications just after our 0.16 release. But it also
includes some exciting new features.
Some highlights of changes in this release (more extensive list below):
XML DOM, XPATH and XSL fixes. Free Swing is much more responsive.
JInternalFram, JTree, JMenu, JTable, JButton and JFileChooser fixes.
FileChannel lock and force implementations added. The logging
FileHandler now rotates files. Clean locking and namespace for gtkpeer
library. System call interrupts and timeouts are now handled correctly
for net and nio. Corba bug fixes. Lots of documentation updates. The
VM Integration Guide now comes with a full section on the VM/Classpath
hooks. GNU Classpath Examples now includes a Tree World demo.
21 people actively contributed code to this release and made 171 CVS
commits during the two weeks of development. diffstat since 0.16:
3638 files changed, 25798 insertions(+), 15596 deletions(-)
More details about the various changes and contributions below.
This release passes 29508 out of 30320 Mauve core library tests.
Conformance reports for the included jaxp support can be found in the
GNU Classpath 0.17 can be downloaded from
or one of the ftp.gnu.org mirrors
The GNU Classpath developers site http://developer.classpath.org/
provides detailed information on how to start with helping the GNU
Classpath project and gives an overview of the core class library
packages currently provided. For each snapshot release generated
documentation is provided through the GNU Classpath Tools gjdoc
project. A documentation generation framework for java source files
used by the GNU project. Full documentation on the currently
implementated packages and classes can be found at:
New in release 0.17 (Jul 15, 2005)
(See the ChangeLog file for a full list of changes.)
* gnu.xml fix for dom nodes created outside a namespace context.
* Add support for output indenting and cdata-section-elements output
instruction in xml.transform.
* xml.xpath corrections for cases where elements/attributes might have
been created in non-namespace-aware mode. Corrections to handling of
XSL variables and minor conformance updates.
* DefaultMutableTreeNode preorder, postorder, depthFirst and breadthFirst
traversal enumerations implemented.
* JInternalFrame colors and titlebar draw properly.
* JTree is working up to par (icons, selection and keyboard traversal).
* JMenus were made more compatible in visual and programmatic behavior.
* JTable changeSelection and multiple selections implemented.
* JButton and JToggleButton change states work properly now.
* JFileChooser fixes.
* revalidate and repaint fixes which make Free Swing much more responsive.
* Correctly handle system call interrupts and timeouts in native nio
and net functions.
* MetalIconFactory implemented.
* Handle image loading errors correctly for gdkpixbuf and MediaTracker.
* Added Tree World to GNU Classpath examples Free Swing demo.
* FileChannel.lock() and FileChannel.force() implemented.
* java.util.logging.FileHandler now rotates files.
* Better handle GDK lock. Properly prefix gtkpeer native functions (cp_gtk).
* Corba bug fixes and documentation updates.
* Updated gcj build infrastructure.
* Documentation fixes all over the place.
* VM Integration Guide updates with a full section on VM/Classpath hooks.
The following people helped with this release:
Aaron Luchko (JDWP updates and documentation fixes)
Andrew John Hughes (VMIntegration guide update)
Anthony Balkissoon (Lots of Free Swing updates)
Archie Cobbs (build and URLClassLoader updates)
Audrius Meskauskas (Corba and text and html parser fixes)
Casey Marshall (FileChannel lock, SystemLogger and FileHandler rotate impl.)
Chris Burdess (Lots of gnu.xml and http protocol fixes)
Dalibor Topic (Better DEBUG support)
Daniel Bonniot (Serialization fixes)
David Gilbert (Lots of documentation and MetalIconFactory implementation)
Guilhem Lavaux (Logger bug fixes)
Jeroen Frijters (Serialization fixes)
Lillian Angel (Lots of Free Swing updates)
Mark Wielaard (System call interrupts, timeouts and packaging)
Robert Schuster (TreeNode enumerations and ActionCommand and various fixes)
Roman Kennke (Lots of Free Swing updates)
Sven de Marothy (GtkImage fixes)
Thomas Fitzsimmons (gtk peer updates and restructuring)
Simon Kitching (String cleanups and optimization suggestions)
Tom Tromey (gcj build update)
Ziga Mahkovec (build fixes)
We would also like to thank the numerous bug reporters and testers!
Escape the Java Trap with GNU Classpath!
Join the community at http://planet.classpath.org/
Description: This is a digitally signed message part
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- GNU Classpatchy 0.17 released,
Mark Wielaard <=