Re: My applet on classpath

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: My applet on classpath
Date: 18 Jul 2005 14:34:02 -0600

>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Zander <address@hidden> writes:

Thomas> Well, it _probably_ works already but I don't have a browser
Thomas> that can use free jvms.

Thomas> http://ktown.kde.org/~endres/worldwide/example.html

I tried running this with gcjappletviewer:

./gcjappletviewer http://ktown.kde.org/~endres/worldwide/example.html

You need this patch:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gcjwebplugin-devel/2005-07/msg00000.html

With this I can see the applet start up.  The buttons appear and the
background color of the window is set.  But, I don't see any contents.

Also there seems to be a bug in our AWT -- if I click the "Enlarge"
button the window resizes and the menu bar completely disappears.
However, if I then move the window, the menu bar reappears.  Perhaps
this is somehow related to the 1x1 race condition.  (Also there seems
to be some size issues with the buttons, some of the text is
truncated.)

I haven't debugged this to see why the contents of the applet don't
show up.

Tom