Fosdem LiveCD

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Fosdem LiveCD
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:08:29 +0100

Hi,

Crazy idea time. It would be nice if we had a LiveCD for Fosdem that
showed all the cool stuff we have working now. On Saturday (Feb 25) we
would like to have a little Show-And-Tell to give people the oppertunity
to show off their favorite applications. What better way to show off
then to be able to say: "and take this CD, it has everything on it ready
to go!" :)

I was hoping that Fedora Core 5 would be out around Fosdem, but they
extended their schedule by a couple of weeks and are now releasing just
after Fosdem (March 15). Otherwise we could have nagged those Red
Hatters that they should hand out those since Fedora Core 5 is based on
GCC 4.1 (CVS-pre-release) it has most of the latest stuff already.

Has someone experience with creating LiveCDs?
(I don't, so maybe my idea of it being easy to create a LiveCD is
terribly naive.)

Can it be based on a Fedora Core 5 test release?
(Fedora Core seems the most stable and includes Jonas)

Or should we base it on the Debian packages
(They have more things packaged like jamvm, kaffe, cacao, but don't have
jonas yet and most things are based on the stable gcc 4.0.x release.)

Does anybody know of a cheap way to create the CDs? Or do we have
someone with a CD burner so we could burn them on the spot? Maybe that
takes too long though.