classpathx-discuss

[Classpathx-discuss] Re: what about this speech stuff?

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Classpathx-discuss] Re: what about this speech stuff?
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 16:54:59 +0100

>>> Brendan Burns <address@hidden> 05-Jun-01 4:25:41 PM >>>

>Sorry 'bout that, I was surviving finals ;-P

Hope you passed!

[attached file]
>This is the implementation of all of the
>javax.speech.synthesis classes and pretty
>much all of the javax.speech classes, it doesn't
>have the javax.speech.recognition stuff because
>I didn't need it at the time.

Before I accept them can you please confirm that you have never
seen's Sun's source code for these classes?

>I have a couple of concrete implementations as well,
>one for via-voice on linux and one for Apple's speech
>generation on Mac, I don't know  if you want those as
>well. (let me know)

Yes please. We'd very much like these.

It's nice to deliver multiple implementations with an API, APIs
without implementations are not so popular /8->

>its been a while since I worked with this code so if you
>have any problems (like it doesn't build...) let me know.
>Also can ypu set me up with a CVS admin account so that
>I can make any future changes to this?  Thanks

I can't set you up with CVS access till you register on the GNU
project developer site. You can register as a new user by going to:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/account/register.php

Once you've done that let me know your account and I will add you to
the classpathx project.

>oh and I agree to donate any copyright that I have
>on this code to the FSF/Gnu.

We don't need you to do that. You keep the (c) of anything you've
done. Anybody who makes changes also keeps their (c).

This is probably the only change we need to make to your files: to
put in the classpathx (c) text. I'll make sure that's done before the
files are in CVS.

One last thing, you might like to join the classpathx-discuss mailing
list. Details are on the savannah site:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/classpathx

Nic