classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] UTF8 encoding problems - inserted 0's

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] UTF8 encoding problems - inserted 0's
Date: 24 Jan 2004 14:12:22 -0700

>>>>> "Øyvind" == Øyvind Harboe <address@hidden> writes:

Øyvind> If I compile my SMTP UTF8 mailer w/GCJ, I see "&#0;" inserted
Øyvind> into the body when I read the message in Evolution. (example
Øyvind> attached).

Hmm, that sounds frightening, what with us so close to a release.

The \0 seems to occur every 200 characters.  That's suggestive... look
around for a 200 char or byte buffer and then look in that area for
bugs.

It would help if you could reproduce this in a less complex
environment.  E.g. by duplicating your I/O paths in a small program
and then feeding it some predefined text file.

Tom