classpathx-javamail

[Classpathx-javamail] Re: NNTP Provider is able to search for message ID

From: Carsten Ringe
Subject: [Classpathx-javamail] Re: NNTP Provider is able to search for message ID?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:46:19 +0100

Hi guys!

> the javamail api does not provide a method to retrieve a message from a
> folder by message-id.
Hm, as I thought.

> it seems like javamail is hindering you here rather than helping. are
> you sure you don't want to use the underlying gnu.inet.nntp package,
> which provides all the nntp-specific functionality directly?
Yes, looks good. I was doing my own NNTPConnection class before I found
JavaMail, but this is surely better. I think I can play with this.

> access is currently via savannah cvs, although if this bothers you i'll
> create a .tgz package.
That would be great! CVS is not my favorite and I'd have to dig back into the
handling before I could download something. You can send the .tgz to my email
address. Thanks!

Carsten Ringe

--
PGP public key available
Keine Zeit für Firlefanz?  Blitz-SMS von WEB.DE FreeMail! Die SMS, die