classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Re: Q: Building complex MIME messages

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Re: Q: Building complex MIME messages
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 17:27:18 +0100

Adam Bradley wrote:

> Each number represents a message within the main message, with 3 and 6
> file attachments.

So each message (apart from the leaves) has a Content-Type of
multipart/mixed, and its content is a MimeMultipart object. The
MimeMultiparts contain MimeMessages (of MIME type message/rfc822) and
other content types (the "files"), whatever they are. The leaf messages
have some other Content-Type, maybe text/plain.

Or maybe it's more complex than that? The superordinate messages contain
text as well as other messages? If so, that text is part of its
MimeMultipart content.
--
Chris Burdess