classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] regarding gnu.mail.providers.mbox

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] regarding gnu.mail.providers.mbox
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 17:52:00 +0000

DHananJay wrote:
> Is it possible to access mbox folder on remote machine using
> gnu.mail.providers.mbox.
>
> My requirement is to access mbox file on Linux box from windows machine
> using this provider. Is it possible or not? If anybody has done this
> earlier, it will help me immensly if you could send me your code snippets.

mbox is a local mailbox format. You would have to mount the remote
filesystem. The way to do this in the situation you describe would be to
run Samba on the Linux machine and mount that share on the Windows box
as a drive letter. You could then use the mbox provider to read the
file.
--
Chris Burdess