classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] pool of connections

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] pool of connections
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 08:55:10 +0100

foo wrote:
> I read on the IMAP package summary that "The GNU IMAP Store operates over a
> single socket connection to the server. It does not use a pool of
> connections."
>
> I wish to have it use a pool of multiple connections, like the Sun
> implementation. Is there a way to set it to do that?

Not within a single Store. You can open multiple Stores to the same
server, and each one will represent an IMAP connection. However you
then get into a world where you'll have to manage all the folder open
states and synchronisation yourself, and your IMAP server may or may
not like you doing this.
--
Chris Burdess