classpathx-javamail

[Classpathx-javamail] Testing needed prior to GNU JavaMail 1.5 release

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: [Classpathx-javamail] Testing needed prior to GNU JavaMail 1.5 release
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 17:28:21 +0000

Hello,

We are close to being able to release version 1.5 of GNU JavaMail. The
main features of this release will be:

- completely updated to the JavaMail 1.5.0 API
- all open bugs fixed
- IMAP provider implementation has been extensively reworked for speed
and reliability, and session debugging now works correctly
- all error message strings are now localized, if you are interested in
translating them to your language please contact us
- license updated to GPL 3.0

We really need people to build GNU JavaMail themselves and test against
more IMAP servers. So far I have been able to test only against GMail
and Courier-IMAP. The weirder and more complicated things that you can
devise to do with your mail, the better.

Please report any problems on the classpathx bugs page. Thanks in advance.

Quick script to get you going:

svn co svn://svn.savannah.gnu.org/classpathx/trunk classpathx
cd classpathx/activation
./configure && make && sudo make install
cd ../inetlib
./configure && make && sudo make install
cd ../mail
./configure && make && sudo make install

The jar is now installed by default at /usr/local/share/java/gnumail.jar
and contains everything you need, no more having to include lots of
different dependencies in your classpath.