classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] adding wrappers to libxml

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] adding wrappers to libxml
Date: 07 Oct 2002 23:41:22 +0200

Hi Nic,

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 10:49, address@hidden wrote:
> The GNOME project has defined a libxml (with an xslt component) which
> seems reliable and useful.
>
> Does anybody else think it would be a good idea to add wrappers to
> libxml to Classpathx/JAXP? One could choose whether to use native java
> or the wrapped code at configure time (or perhaps build both).
>
> It would be a good way of getting XSLT without having to write an XSLT
> engine.

That would be very interesting to have. For example in gjdoc we are
currently creating a XML representation of the javadoc and transforming
that later in a shell script with the xsltproc program to HTML.
(xsltproc is based on libxml.) If there would be java wrappers for
libxml then we could use that for the transforming.

Are you thinking about JNI and/or CNI wrappers?

> Another point: would anybody be interested in GNU-JAXP having a page
> of generally usefull SAX filters?
>
> For example: classes that implement SAXDefaultHandler by calling
> another SAXDefaultHandler but doing something in between.

More examples are always nice to have :)

Cheers,

Mark