classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] ReaderInputStream vs XmlParser declared and detecte

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] ReaderInputStream vs XmlParser declared and detected encodings
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 23:41:46 +0000

Mark Wielaard wrote:
On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 16:46, Mark Wielaard wrote:
But this seems a deeper problem with handling InputStream <-> Reader
interaction combined with XML documents that declare their own encoding. I don't have a clue how to handle it properly though since when you use a Reader you do that to hide the underlying encoding in the first place,
so it doesn't mix well with documents declaring their own encoding
format...

Right. XML doesn't make a lot of sense with Readers, and I consider the specification of character streams in the SAX and JAXP APIs to be a design error.

Sigh. And indeed I ran into some more problems like these.
Attached is a patch that got me a little further.

There is one bugfix not related to Readers/InputStreams, encoders and
friends in gnu/xml/libxmlj/transform/GnomeTransformer.java for the case
source == null (plus some extra code to make debugging easier).

Thanks!
--
Chris Burdess