confuse-devel

[Confuse-devel] CVS status

From: Martin Hedenfalk
Subject: [Confuse-devel] CVS status
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 22:27:55 +0100

The status of the code in the CVS repository is quite unstable. I've been
adding some features, see the NEWS file.

I changed the initializer macros to take a string for the default value, no
matter what type the option is (integer, boolean, string ...). This default
string is parsed in the same way as the configuration file.

The idea was that it should be easy to initialize default values for lists
(in the form "{0, 1, 2}" in the case of an integer list). However, this is
not very intuitive and initializing a string required quoting special
characters. So I'm thinking of changing it back but using string default
initializers only for lists... Any opinions out there?

I also found out that GNU GCC actually can initialize a static union with
the following syntax:

union { int number; char *string; } foo = {string: "default string value"};

This is not ANSI C but a GNU extension. I don't know if it's also
implemented by other compilers. I'd like to use it so I wouldn't need to
have different variables for defaults of different types. On the other hand,
ruling out all non-GNU compilers is a bad idea.

Anyway, the sources in CVS doesn't compile at the momemt.

--
Martin Hedenfalk <address@hidden>